ABOUT MICHAEL ZAITZ
Michael Zaitz graduated with honors from Boston University Law School in 1988 after receiving bachelor’s degree in economics from the State University of New York at Binghamton. He is a member of the New York bar and is admitted to various federal courts. He is also a Panel Member for the Legal Referral Service of the Bar Association of the City of New York.
Michael has had extensive experience in his 26 years of practice, representing clients, both public and private, in the investment banking, insurance, food, advertising, manufacturing, communications, sports, retail, and health care industries.
Michael has handled litigation in various context, including commercial litigation, tort defense litigation, construction litigation, real property litigation, property damage litigation, personal injury litigation, partnership and LLC member disputes, employer-employee disputes, and licensing/sponsorship disputes. Recent representative matters include:
- Defense of electrical subcontractor in multi-party action for damages sustained in fire at Upper East Side synagogue construction project.
- Defense of gas station owner LLCs against claims for attorneys’ fees after termination of owners’ gas station leases.
- Defense of Queens homeowners’ association in action by homeowner alleging violations of Federal Constitution and New York Civil Rights law.
- Defense of masonry subcontractor in multi-party action for pervasive water intrusion damages at Nassau County residential housing development.
- Representation of professional sports franchise in actions to enforce sponsorship agreements.
- Defense of former partner of dental implant company in action alleging breaches of restrictive covenants contained in employment agreement.
- Defense of video streaming company in actions brought by competitors for alleged violations of exclusive foreign language television channel broadcast rights.
- Defense of foreign tea manufacturer against claims by its U.S. distributor alleging trademark infringement and unfair competition.
- Action by hedge fund manager against manager in related fund to recover unpaid carve-out.
- Defense of hedge fund manager for claims by limited partners for capital losses in related fund.
Michael also advises clients on general business matters such as business formation, operating agreements buy/sell agreements, shareholder agreements, finder’s fee agreements commercial leases and other business contracts.